If you have a hearing impairment, we can provide adjustments so you can hear clearly in class and when using our learning platforms.
- If you lip read, we’ll make sure you’re at the front of the class and the tutor looks at you directly.
- We can use a variety of diagrams and visuals, and write up any keywords on the screen.
- We can provide a lesson plan, notes or handouts prior to the session to look over.
- We can provide extra time in mock assessments.
- We can provide access to a reader, scribe, extra time with actual examinations (check with Institute).
- We’ll try to minimise background chatter in class wherever possible.
- We’ll make you aware of subtitles and transcriptions where these are available.
For more information please see our Accessibility page.